Table of Contents
- Introduction: Is Your Clarity & Sense of Purpose a Delusion?
- Example #1: The Ultimate Personal Growth Training Program
- Example #2: The Motorcycle Teaching Tour
- Commitment: Does It Matter if It’s a Real Download?
- We Choose & Create Our Internal Landscapes
Is Your Clarity & Sense of Purpose a Delusion?
Have you ever felt like your future suddenly came into clear focus? Suddenly, you knew what you were supposed to do with your life, as if your guardian angel had descended from the heavens and handed you your personalized marching orders? I believe I’m not the only person in the world who has felt this on occasion.
On the other hand, do you remember who Walter Mitty is? In 1939, the New Yorker published The Secret Life of Walter Mitty by humorist James Thurber, the story of an insignificant and oppressed loser who embellishes his sorry life with constant daydreams of heroism, fame, status, and power. This made such an impact on our society that it was made into a 1947 film (with Danny Kaye) and a 2013 film (with Ben Stiller, Kristen Wiig, Shirley MacLaine, and Kathryn Hahn). Continue reading